Saturday, June 11, 2011

Baby Jonas

Exactly a year ago my best friends baby was born sleeping at 39 weeks. What she went thru after this I cannot even describe in words the only thing is that it's heart breaking. No one should have to go thru this.

This is something that even in our generation it is whispered about and not really talked about like it should be. There are so many people out there who have lost babies who we would never even think this has happened to them because they keep it quiet, like its a secret or something to be embarrassed about.

These babies are real babies and people need to acknowledge them as such. It breaks these mothers hearts when people do not take their lost babies into consideration.

Baby Jonas, you will never be forgotten. You have a mother who cannot wait till the day she can hold you in her arms.

1 comment:

Brad and Danielle said...

I have known many women who have lost babies. It's so heartbreaking. My mother-in-law is one of them. Her friend Tara is another that lost her little girl just 2 years at 38 weeks. From losing her baby, Tara became part of an organization called Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep. It is a volunteer organization that takes pictures of mothers' newborns that are born sleeping. They also give little hand made blankets to wrap the precious babies in. Tara, my mother-in-law, me, siblings, and many of our ward friends all banded together to crochet over 200 blankets for these precious babies. We finished them all by Tara's baby's 1 year birthday. It was a beautiful and thoughtful thing for Tara to get so involved to help other mothers. Eventually she became a regional representative for the organization. This is how I learned to crochet and I still do this now. You are right, these babies should never be forgotten. This is a great organization that helps bring some comfort to these mothers.

So very sad. I am sorry for your friend.