Friday, June 29, 2012

Old friends

My really good friend Erika, who 10 months ago moved across the world to the Philippines for her husbands job is in town on vacation. I could not be happier and am glad I was one of the first people to get to hang out with them.

We decided to meet at Lagoon so the kids could have a blast. And a blast they had and so did we grown up. I love this family so much!

Did I mention she left a few weeks after having a baby? So I finally got to see him not so little and I am in love. He is precious and allowed me to hold him and carry him around. I was in heaven, could really gobble him up.

We did a lot of catching up ad even got dinner at the one restaurant we always went to with them. Gosh I miss them living near us so much.

Funny story....Mookie is completely in love with their daughter and he was really laying it on thick. After we swam she put on her clothes and he goes "you look beautiful in your princess dress" we all about died laughing. He tried hugging her about a million times and then I caught him in pictures trying to hold her hand to which she wanted nothing to do with. Funniest thing! He was pretty sad that she was not falling for him.

Another little thing I wanna write down. Of course as soon as I saw Erika I ran and hugged her forever. Love and miss that girl. Then I saw get little girl and ran up to her to give her a hug and she was pretty shy at first so I picked her up and gave her a hug and she ten started hugging me. Then I put her down and I got to her level and I asked her "do you remember me?" she said yes then I told her "I have missed you honey" and then she said me too. Ahhh...yes melted my heart.

So I am writing this post as I try to avoid cleaning however I am having a babysitter come here tomorrow to watch Mookie so I better stop writing and get back to cleaning.

No comments: