Sunday, June 24, 2012

Mango coconut oatmeal

Ever since getting on weight watchers (which I admit I do on and off) I realized I needed to have a breakfast low on points but that would fill be up enough to last me till my snack. Oatmeal is one of those few things that will fill me up good. So I have started experimenting with putting different fruits and spices and things in my oatmeal to see what I like most.

My favorite are a pumpkin oatmeal, apple butter oatmeal and banana oatmeal.

This week I ordered my bountiful basket and ordered 8lbs of mango with it. So clearly I needed to do something about making sure I used all the mango up before it goes bad since they are super ripen.

I have been seeing on Pinterest a bunch of overnight oatmeal recipes with mango in them but I still haven't ventured into trying those out. So I made my oatmeal the old-fashion way and just added the things I had.

It turned out delicious ad only 7 points for the whole bowl!

Mango Coconut Oatmeal

Ingredients:
1/2 cup oatmeal
1 cup water
1 champagne mango
2 tbsp sweetened shredded coconut
1 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp milk

-combine the oatmeal and water
-follow package instructions to cook oatmeal
-while the oatmeal is cooking peel and dice the mango
-take bowl out of microwave and pour sugar in and mix
-then mix in the mango and coconut
-once all mixed in pour the milk over the top
-Enjoy!

Super yummy and easy!

No comments: