Saturday, April 7, 2012

Teaching me

Mookie has already taught me so much in these last 3 years. I have learned so much about myself from just being a mom that I never knew. I am actually a very loving person who would have thought, ha. My patience has grown even though it is no where near where I want it to be. He has made me have more faith in my Heavenly Father than I ever before had to. Has made me realize that this world does not revolve around me rather it revolves around him, ha. Really it does if you ask him. He has also taught me how I should be when it comes to forgiveness. I so wish it was as easy as he makes it look.

For example today I was a horrible mami, I screamed too much, fought him on everything, didn't pay him nearly enough attention. Normally when I have days like today by then end of the day I always sit and ponder and realize how I have failed miserably as a mami. So I sat him down next to me and told him how sorry I was for being mean and naughty to him. Without even really thinking he always says "mami it's ok, I forgive you" I immediately break down and cry like a baby in front of him because not only do I live this little man but it reminds me that this is how I need to be to people in my life who hurt me because just maybe they are having a bad day. Love the reality check I sometimes get from him.


No comments: