Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The email I received today

My younger brother is serving a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and today I received an email that really got me thinking. I had told him about how I was feeling towards one person in particular and I was sure he was totally going to say that I had a right to feel that way so I was taken aback when he said this "love those that despitefully use you, as you forgive others God forgives us. I think it says that in the scriptures or you could just call me crazy either one works for me :)." I think that I got this email at the perfect time.

A quick thought, it seems that since my brother started his mission he says a lot of things to me right when I need to hear them.

I might have ADD my mind cannot keep one single train of thought it is always all over the place but that's a story for another day.

Anyways back to my story, what he said really got me thinking today because I know that I need God's forgiveness because I am not perfect I am trying to be but truth be told I am falling really short. I was certain and I had even told my husband that I was no longer going to try and be nice to this person because every time I am I seem to get hurt. No lie about an hour after I said that to my husband I got the email and to tell you the truth I do need to forgive this person because just like I am not perfect neither are they and maybe they are really trying to be perfect like I am and just falling short. Later on in the email he told me something like people who offend us or hurt us maybe do not have the spirit of God and to just pray for that person.

I really need to start doing this. I have really been thinking lately that I need to just live my life and not worry what others say or think and just be happy. I have plenty of reasons to be happy, I have my amazingly wonderful husband who I am crazy about and who is crazy about me, I have my beautiful healthy baby boy what more does a person need to be happy. So from today on I will try to be a more forgiving person and be happy.

No comments: