Monday, February 11, 2013

Green smoothie

Since being back on weight watchers I have started making green smoothies in the morning for breakfast.

A lot of mornings I simply don't want to cook, making a smoothie is the best thing for me on those mornings. I had to find a recipe that would be low on points and hold me over till my morning snack. I have found it and it's so versatile.

Here is the recipe:

1/2 a frozen banana
1 cup frozen fruit
1/2-3/4 cup skim milk
1/2 cup non-fat yogurt
1 tbsp peanut butter
2 cups spinach

Put it all in you blender and mix for as long as needed for your type of blender. For my Ninja I blend it for 2-4 minutes.

Now for the frozen fruit I have done extra banana, papaya, mango, strawberries, cherries and pineapple and have loved each one. Jon however only liked it with banana so it depends on how picky you are.

On weight watchers it's only 6 points which for me it's an awesome breakfast. Not only that but it tastes pretty amazing, I was skeptical about green smoothie but after having a few good ones I figured I just needed to find the right recipe and this is it for me.

No comments: