Saturday, September 12, 2009

Update on summer

This summer was the best summer I have had since we got married. We made it a point to go somewhere fun at least once a week. We went to a lot of water parks, lakes and state parks. I love the fact that we live in Utah, where there is always something fun to do out here and the views are just gorgeous.





When I got pregnant the one thing I worried about was postpartum depression. I am normally not a depressed person but there have been times when I have been depressed and its never fun, as I am sure everyone knows. So I had made myself a promise that once the baby came I would make sure I went out or had someone come over every day, that way I had a reason to fix myself. Having my cousin live 5 minutes away was a life saver cause she always knew when I was down. The other great thing that I think has helped me so far not feel down has been the fact that I try and go on a walk every day that I don't go to the gym or have people over.





I'll tell you what though a few weeks ago out of the blue I started to feel down. I didn't want to clean, I didn't want to get up, I was bitchy to Jon and I just was not a happy person at all. Even Jon said I was starting to remind him of my old pregnant self, poor Jon. One day I just broke down and started to cry and told Jon that I just was not feeling like my normal self ad that it felt like the worst feeling in the world. This went on for about 2 weeks but just like it came, one day I woke up and felt like my normal self again. Isn't that weird? Has that ever happened to any new mami out there? I told Jon had we had health care I would have seen a professional but oh well I'm not worried about it since I am back to normal.






No comments: