Wednesday, September 16, 2009

No one has a neighbor as awesome as we do!

Today I locked myself out of the house, without my phone. Thank goodness that the baby was taking his morning nap if not I would have broken a window before doing anything else. As soon as I realized I had locked myself out I tried to break a wood covering we have on a window down in the laundry but when we first moved in here I was scared that anyone could move that and get in so I made my husband drill in some screws so that it could not be moved, so me trying to break the wood was not going to happen. I ran out front and thank goodness our awesome neighbor was right next door so I told him what happened and he lend me his phone. I called Jon but he was already in Salt Lake, which is about 45 minutes from the house by the time he would have gotten back I would have broken a window cause I am sure the baby would have woken up by then. Jon tells me to just brake a window. OK let me explain first, this house is super old so the windows are made of glass that is no longer found so that is a problem and to top it off the windows are weird sizes so you have to get the glass specially made. Poor Jon was just so upset just thinking how much it would cost to fix a window. I got off the phone with him so that I could go brake a window and when I get to the back of the house, this is where my awesome neighbor comes in, he had opened my door. I won't say how but lets just say he made my day and I owe him BIG time. I might need to good some treats and bring them over to his family. He won't know but today he was my hero. 

No comments: