Monday, September 7, 2009

THE best chocolate cake recipe

I used to hate anything chocolate. Isn't that the weirdest thing EVER? I do not know what was wrong with me but during my last trimester of my pregnancy I started to crave everything chocolate and ever since then I have been on a mission to find the best chocolate cake recipe and I have just recently found it. It is so moist and just plain yummy. So I have to share with everyone out there what I have found and if anyone gets a chance to make it let me know what you think.

2 cups of sugar
1 cup of butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 large eggs
2 1/2 cups of cake flour
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 1/4 cups buttermilk

HEAT oven to 350 degrees. Spray three 9-inch round cake pans or one 9x13 pan with non stick cooking spray.

BEAT sugar, butter and vanilla with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time. Mix cake flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt, beat into creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk. Beat 1 minute longer. Pour into pans.

BAKE for 26-30 minutes for the round pans for the 9x13 bake for about 35-40 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely.

When I made this recipe I used a cream cheese frosting and it was heaven. Enjoy!

No comments: