Thursday, September 10, 2009

Security System

I went out tonight for about an hour and when we get back home there was a truck in my driveway that I did not recognize. Then I walk inside the house and there are drills and a luggage by my back door and front door. So I yell out to Jon and ask him who is over since he didn't let me know anyone was coming over. I find out that its his friend Clegg that is over and that he has come up today without Jon knowing to install a security system in the house, he works for APX. In the last 3 weeks he has come up every Thursday and he said the 2 previous times he came up here he saw about 20 cops about to do a drug bust around our house, I guess he really likes us huh? Funny part is that a drug bust is the last thing I am worried about, how about I hear gun shots going off at night at least once a week. Also 3 months ago we are in bed and its around 1am and I am up to feed the baby and all of a sudden I hear a car door being slammed, then people running and then about 7 police cars right in front of my house and they are yelling to someone to get down. I freaked out since our window was wide open so Jon gets up quickly and closes the window but after a minute or so I didn't hear any gun shots so I figured it was safe and I went to the window and low and behold a Mexican is getting arrested right in front of my house. Then about that same time just 2 blocks away there was a drive by shooting at around midnight. Wait, wait it gets better the first night we were moving in we had talked to a neighbor and he told us this was a pretty good neighborhood and I am not even lying about 30 minutes later we hear what sounds like gun shots and then the same neighbor who told us this was a pretty good neighborhood is yelling from inside his house to get down cause there are shots going off. LMAO! Can you say funny? I guess we live in the ghetto, well as ghetto as it gets in Utah. The thing is that if you drive by and see our house its way nice not ghetto looking and our block is really nice and clean and lovely homes but one block down and its ghetto. Since moving in we have decided that we needed to get a gun and so I have gone shooting cause since I am home alone most of the time I need to know how to use it. We are not taking chances. Today though Clegg has made me very happy coming and surprising us with a security system. Can you tell we have amazing friends? Another time I will have to post a picture of the house and neighborhood so you can see I am not lying that it is nice.

No comments: