Wednesday, April 20, 2011

White families vs. Hispanic families

I sometimes wonder if all white families are like my in-laws or if its just them.

I have been apart of other white families but it was people in the East coast so I wonder if maybe that also made a difference but who knows.

My husband was sick for like 5 days and either his family thought he was making it up or they just don't care about him. It so weird. My own mother called about 4 times a day to check on Jon and see how he was doing and if he needed anything. His family did not call one single time. That is so weird to me.

I sometimes feel like they only care about him when they need his help, other than that forget it they could care less.

Jon says this is how he grew up so to him its normal but I did not grow up that way.

He also says that its normal for white families to be like this. Really? Not the white people I grew up with but who knows.

1 comment:

Heather Matthews said...

Hi Laura,

Sorry for contacting you through your comments section but I couldn't find an email address on your blog. I'm contacting you because I'm trying to get the word out about my new site: www.MommyGiggles.com.

Mommy Giggles is a site where moms submit funny pictures to share with other moms to get a giggle out of. They can either be pictures of their kids or of other hilarious “mommy moments”

I am contacting you to see if you have a funny picture that I could post – we would of course give you the credit, and also post your blog (if you want). There is also a $25 Amazon Gift card drawing to everyone who submits a photo each month.

I would also appreciate if you could spread the word about Mommy Giggles to other moms too!

Hope you will get a “giggle” out of the site.

Warmest Regards,

Heather Matthews

Like Us On Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mommy-Giggles/180580521989697
Follow Us On Twitter - http://twitter.com/#!/MommiGiggles