Friday, April 15, 2011

Mami is 60!

Today is my mom's birthday and she is the big 6-0. She is an amazing person. In those 60 years she has been through a lot more than I can even imagine going through and she is still strong and going.

I decided for a birthday that big she needed something big from us kids. So I gathered up money from my siblings and I took her to my hair dresser, Tiffani, for a hair make over. I had Tiffani cut her hair short and dye it along with putting in some highlights. My mom had never had highlights before but I figured that it would make it easier to hide her grays as they start coming in if she has some highlights. After Tiffani was done and my mom finally saw the result she was shocked. She said this was the first time since moving to the States that she has actually liked how someone did her hair. I still need to get a picture of it.

We also got her some new clothes but she won't get that until Sunday when we are having a family dinner/party for her.

I did take her and my dad out for lunch today as her birthday present from Jon, Baby and I.

I love my mom so much and I am really glad they are out here now. Happy Birthday Mami! Te Amo

No comments: