Friday, August 5, 2011

Am I a good mom?

In the 2 years I have been a mother I have not once heard my mother or father tell me that I am doing a good job. The only thing I have ever heard is that all Baby needs is a good beating and that will set him straight. How dare my father say that right?

I asked my mother the other day why she has never said this to me and she refuses to answer me. She completely changes the subject on me. I got so heated that no matter what I will always be a better mother than she ever was to me. Yup, I know that hurts her but how dare she even after all of this that has happened she not tell me that I am a good mother. She sees that I am not yelling at Baby or hitting him. She sees that my Baby is a happy little boy who for a 2 year old is amazingly behaved.

My mother-in-law tells me every single time she sees me that I am an amazing mother and she will give me examples of why I am. I love that lady. I am sure she does not even know how much that means to me to hear her say that.

No comments: