Monday, March 22, 2010

Will

This is my brother the one who just finished his mission.

He served his mission in the Utah Ogden Mission. When he first got the call he was kinda disappointed but there is always a reason someone gets called to a certain area. He loved his mission. Met tons of amazing people as well as tons of crazy people.

Ok he told me that while out here he learned that white people are crazier than latinos like he used to think. Funny story...he said he was more scared of white people out here. One night while serving in Ogden he got a gun pulled on him by a latino and he just laughed at him and walked away like nothing but then another time while serving in Clearfield a white guy pulled a knife out on him and his companion and he said he has never been so scared in his life. Later he told me that the reason he was so scared of white people out here is because back home he didn't experience too much racism but while being out here he saw so much racism he was really socked since most people are LDS. Many times he would walk into someone's house with his white companion and the people would not look at him let alone talk to him.

I guess there is also a lot of Satan worshipping in Utah. I was really socked with this...we drove by one LDS church that had to be torn down and re-built because the bishop, relief society president and elders quorum president were doing things they should not have been doing. This was only 3 years ago. Wow, in a case like that you really need to have a strong testimony. Even serving a mission and seeing things like this would be tough. There are ton more stories but I probably shouldn't share too many things like that. It makes me sad to know that there are people who do those kind of things specially people who are supposed to be good examples.

Now about the few days he was here...
these were the worst 3 days. I got sick, how convenient right? I picked him up Wednesday and wasn't feeling too bad but by Thursday I had a fever and Friday was even worst. I was so sad cause we were not able to do anything fun but I made him promise me that he would come visit this summer.

No comments: