Thursday, September 6, 2012

Children at playground

First off, I never have or will claim to me the best mother or close to it. I am falling really short in that department. I also do not claim to have the best behaved child because he isn't. With that said, I am highly shocked at how bad some parents suck at being parents. Children learn from us parents. We are their number 1 teachers. I can tell how a parent is just by seeing how their child behaves. I know that's not always the case but for the majority of the time it is. For example if you see Mookie you can tell that I am a screamer. Honestly I need to change that but it's so hard. I am working on it. The other day I decide to take Mookie to the mall while my husband and brother walk around trying to find something. At first there was only 2 little girls and they were more than happy to play with Mookie. Then out of no where some little 2 year old boy shows up. From where I was sitting I could not see his parents so at first I was wondering who was watching this kid. Very quickly the boy started hitting one of the girls. She thought he was my son and came to tell me and that's when I got up to see if his parents were watching, which they weren't. They were on their phones. Which by the way I also do, however I try to look up every now and then and I know exactly where my child is at all times. Maybe I've got a talent, who knows. Mookies starts playing with some toys they have on the walls and this little boy comes up and pushes Mookie. I was very confused at first as this kid is way younger and shorter but my boy is just too sweet and wants to be friends with everyone. Mookie leaves and goes to another toy and the boy follows and does the same thing. I'm starting to get a little upset but I am trying not to fight Mookie's battles. I calming walked up to Mookie and told him to get away from this boy cause he was being naughty and to not let this little boy push him around and to stand up for himself. Mookie listened and stayed away. Some other older boys like 5 and 6 showed up and immediately the bully kid started punching them, smacking them, pulling hair. I was starting to get heated that this little boys parents weren't doing anything as kids are yelling at him to stop. So I left to go get dinner. An hour later I come back and they were still there but I had told Mookie we could go and play before heading home to go to bed. I now see his dad is laying on the floor with his tablet turned the opposite way of where the kids play the mom is still looking at her phone. Mookie starts to play with some other little boy that was there and everything was fine for about 10 minutes and then the kid starts hitting Mookie. I went up to him and told him not to touch my son. He stayed away for a minute then Mookie gets in a boat and this child run over to Mookie started spitting at him, hitting him and then poking his eyes. I lost my damn mind. No joke. I ran up so fast to the little boy screaming as loud as I could to stop and I told him he better never again lay a finger on my child. I then really loudly told Mookie. If I see this boy lay one more finger on you I better see you throwing punches in his direction. Well that finally got the kids parents attention so they called him over and the dad started to beat him. Wow......that explained it all. He was just mimicking what daddy does. I was so pissed at this parents it took everything in my power not to say something. Ok so what happened to teaching your children to be nice to other kids? What do people teach their kids now days? I was shocked. My husband however was probably embarrassed. He told me he has never seem me so angry and get up so fast and that saying a lot considering I have a short temper. Don't mess with my boy and you will be fine but you mess with him and mama bear comes out.

No comments: