Saturday, March 26, 2011

My testimony

Well it is really hurting right now. Really bad.

It is so easy to not go to church one Sunday and then have be end up being a few months that you haven't gone.

As I have said for a while, this ward that we are in has been a really hard ward for Jon and I. I have gone to some relief society activities but its so weird, I still don't know who the relief society president is. Everyone there is related and I am not kidding, well either related or grew up together in this same town. Its just so weird to me.

Anyways as of late I feel like my parenting is sucking big time and I feel like that has to do with what is going on in my life regarding to church. Things that I know need to be happening are not blessing, hoping that maybe that would help bring back the desire to go to church, read my scriptures and do my prayers.

I kept on praying at home that something would happen. I ended up going to a friends activity and her ward was totally different both the relief society president and the bishop came up to me to see if I was new to the ward. What a difference, and the ladies there were super nice and friendly. So I thought maybe I need to just go to a different ward.

I was having a down day and out of the blue someone in the Elders Quorum presidency called me just to see how things are going. I explained things to him and I right away asked him who our home teachers are because they have never come and thought would be nice to have the presence of someone come once a month here. I think he felt horrible so he told me he was going to assign himself to us and that him and his wife are going to come over to meet us.

On Sunday I decided to go to church and that we would stay for sunday school and put Baby in the nursery. I figured it would just be the same as always being not so nice. Boy was I wrong. I really think God heard and has answered my prayers. I had 2 sisters come up to me and give me hugs and they both have boys around Baby's age. Baby was amazingly behaved all thru sacrament and nursery.

This is exactly what I needed to get that fire burning. I have also started reading the bible stories to Baby every night and he is loving that.

1 comment:

Brad and Danielle said...

Oh my gosh! I can totally relate that this ward is tough. We moved from a FANTASTIC ward in El Segundo, CA and we are missing our friends so much. The very first Sunday we showed up in our last ward, so many people came up to us asking if we were new and welcomed us to the ward. We got 5 dinner invites that very first Sunday!

This ward is the complete opposite. Everyone seems to keep to themselves, and they wait for you to talk to them first. You have to be really outgoing, which I'm not - especially when I'm in a new place. We've been here for almost 4 months and we still only have a couple friends.

We are glad we have you guys to hang out with!