Thursday, February 17, 2011

Eating is a struggle

Not for me of course or my husband but with Baby.

I might go crazy.

No honestly...I am losing sleep over this. I will be making a doctors appointment to get him checked out just to make sure everything is ok.

This has been a problem from the time he started eating solids and I let the doctor know but he didn't seem to think there was a problem since he was gaining weight and growing. The problem has just gotten worse, I think.

There are days where he will eat but those days are few and far apart. Most days he will eat something for breakfast but the rest of the day forget it. Its like pulling teeth to get him to eat. I have to sit right next to him and basically put the food in his mouth and most of the time he just spits it right out.

The last 2 days I don't even think he has had 2 meals. Today for example he ate breakfast, 4 hours later he had a pediasure drink since he wouldn't eat lunch. He wakes up from his nap and he tells me he is hungry so I offer him food and he tells me no thanks and tells me that he wants "cake" which means he wants candy or a cookie. Ahhh! I don't even keep candy here anymore because it became something of a power struggle. I of course give in after about 2 hours of him crying that he is hungry.

The thing is I know he is getting most of his vitamins since he is taking vitamins every day and drinking pediasure. He also has more energy than any other child I know so he has to be eating something right?

I am going to try tomorrow not giving in to his crying so I am getting myself mentally ready for a horrible day. I am just going to serve him the food I make and let him eat it when he wants it. I hope this works.


No comments: