Monday, July 22, 2013

Disney day 2

On our second and final day we woke up early so we could take advantage of the pass we had to get in an hour earlier. Plus we had breakfast reservations so we wanted to get in as much fun before breakfast. For our second day we wanted to hit up California Adventure, they now have Carsland there and we had heard great things and lets just say it didn't disappoint. We got on the Mater ride first and it was really fun. Then we walked around just to see what rides we would want to do after breakfast. Then we came across bugs land or whatever its called and that was really cute so we went on 2 rides there, the bumper cars and a floating balloon one. Bentley really liked the bumper cars.

Then it was time to walk to the restaurant and this was a trek, honestly we were about to give up and call it quits but I love breakfast food and told Jon there was no way we were missing this. It was so far away. Then we got there and even though we had a reservation we had to wait about 45 minutes to be seated. The food here was good not amazing but not bad. However their Mickey waffles were the bomb and I must've had at least 10 of them, no joke. I must find this recipe. Bentley got to meet more characters but my all time favorite was Stitch, he was so nice to Bentley and kept coming around and being silly with Bentley. My favorite memory from this meal was when Bentley pulled out his Mickey stickers and went around the restaurant giving other kids the stickers. I'm sure parents thought we had put it up to it but this was all Bentley's doing, he said he wanted to share his stickers with other kids. I love my boy.

It was such a hot day, in the 90's, so kinda miserable for walking around. This day we knew to pay for a stroller for Bentley so he wasn't as whinny. We had to do the cars ride which we knew would be a long wait so we got in line to wait and waiting we did. It was so long, well over and hour but totally worth it. I loved it and would have done it again but Bentley said the wait wasn't worth it. We then went on the ferris wheel. Let me tell you, I am deathly afraid of these things but for years I have been on a mission to stop being afraid of them and try to go on one every time I can. Up to now it hasn't worked but after this one I will never again go on one. This ferris wheel was like none other because its on a track the shape of an oval and the whole time kept on moving. I really prayed like crazy and totally freaked Bentley out so I am sure he will never want to go on one either. The people in there with us I am sure made fun of me for days but I didn't think I would make it out alive. After my traumatizing experience I needed to go on a fun kid friendly ride so we did another Toy Story one and it became Bentley favorite. 

I had heard about pineapple whip from Disney and how amazing it was and the day before there was a huge line at it so I had told Jon before we left I had to try it. So off we went into Disney for me to try this amazing ice cream thing. I get in line which is out in the open with the sun hitting me and was in line for 30 minutes at least maybe more. Craziness! I got one of each thing on their menu cause I wasn't about to get in line again for something else. Can I just say I was disappointed, now had I never heard of this and came across it on my own I probably would have liked it however after hearing about it for years and waiting in line for that long and in the blaring sun I was not as convinced that this was worth all of that. I could even make that at home if I really wanted to. 

All in all I think those two days were the most magical days of my life, honestly. I was in lalaland and loved every minute of it. So worth the small fortune you spend to get in. We are now on a mission to save enough money to get season passes which with our small budget might take a year or more.


No comments: