Sunday, July 7, 2013

4th of July family vacation

Most 4th of July we celebrate as a family in Lake Arrowhead and honestly it's my favorite family get together. The kids have a blast making memories. They jump, yell, run, scream and of course fight and I just love watching them play as cousins and make good memories. Oh and my brother drove out from Utah to join us in the fun which I was happy about.

This year was probably one of my most favorite 4th of July. We just had such a good time and for the first time in a very long time I just let loose. I didn't worry about my hair or what I looked like and just went with the flow. I jumped in the lake more times than I can remember which was a blast. I got to hang out with all my nieces and nephews and they are all just getting so big. I think the first 2 days were mainly spend in the water with the kids.

On the 4th their was a pony ride that the kids wanted to go on so we took them all to that which I am sure was a blast for them. Everyone did a little fishing and boating, our one cousin kept on catching catfish nonstop it felt like while I still haven't caught a single one. The sunsets on the lake are the absolute best and I always make Jon take me at least twice so I can see it from the boat. We had some yummy dinners. The fireworks this year were the best I have ever seen on the lake and we got to be pretty close to them, close enough that Jon ended up with ash in his eyes. Of course as per tradition Bentley fell asleep 10 minutes before the fireworks started and slept right through them. Then he wakes up the next day asking when we are going to see the fireworks because he has been waiting all night long. 

I got to do some relaxing too which was needed by the end of the week. I fell asleep outside and when I woke up I found a picture of me asleep and our cousin Houng being silly. I love this woman! She is from Philly so we totally get each other.  The last 2 days we were there we had bonfires and got to roast marshmallows and just hang out under the stars and talk. The last night the boys decided they were going to have a dance party in the dark with the kids. Probably my favorite moment from the vacation. They were all dancing and laughing and just having the best time ever. This is what family time is all about. So glad we get to do this every year with the people we love the most.





No comments: