Saturday, May 7, 2011

Working mom

I have become a working mom.

Woohoo!

I know there are people who will take offense to me being happy about this but people honestly this needed to happen for my mental health.

I love my son more than anything in the world but doing the same thing every.single.day can start to drive you crazy.

Last month we had some things happen that made me and my husband realized we needed to get our financial situation together. My husband has too much going on in his life so we realized its not fair for him to also be in charge of our finances. So I have taken over our finances. This is a really scary thing for me but I am learning. As soon as I sat down and saw what was going on I realized I needed to start working ASAP to keep us afloat. Thankfully my husband owns his own business and so I have become one of his employees.

I only work 3 days a week, which is perfect for me. It gives me a little break from being mom and I get to talk to other people.

The best part is I feel like I am becoming a better mom to Baby. I have more patience with him. I have also stopped worrying about how clean my house is. This is a good thing. However I try not to have people come over they might have a heart attack. I read a quote recently that I absolutely love and am totally putting it somewhere in my house where everyone can see it. It says "Please excuse the mess the children are making memories". I couldn't have said it anymore perfect.

No comments: