Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Sleeping is going amazing

Well after starting a sleeping routine a while ago and trying to get Baby to fall asleep on his own everything was going well. Until we went on vacation and everything got ruined.

After coming back from Vegas it was a struggle to get him to fall asleep and then to top it off he wanted to be on the booby ALL night long. He would wake up in the morning not very well rested and neither was I.

Last week I got to my breaking point, I honestly felt I was going crazy. I could no longer handle his whining and him not paying attention to me. It was like everything I told him to not do he would do as if to get attention. The one day I was at my cousins house and I had to leave out of there in complete despair. He was trying to ruin her palm tree and was going up and down the stairs and ended up falling the whole stair case. Was throwing dirt on the floor from the plans and was just throwing tantrums for no reason. My cousin saw how embarrassed and frustrated I was and gave me a piece of advice. She told me to put him to sleep at night on his own. This is the one and only thing I did not want to do. I love sleeping with my Baby and I was really sad but after feeling how I was feeling I called my husband and told him we needed to get at least a playpen for Baby to sleep in at night.

That same night I did the bed time routine and after feeding him I put him in the playpen to sleep. He cried for 30 minutes and it felt like forever but finally he stopped. I was shocked he had actually fallen asleep. We have now been doing it for about a week and he is now falling asleep within 5 minutes of me putting him down. Not only that but he slept the whole night without waking up last night. Also his whole behavior has done a complete 180. There is no more whining, listens to me, is way more cuddlie and to top it off is eating so much. I am a happy mom.

For mothers day we went over to my cousins house and she was in shock of how good he was behaving. He listened to me the whole time, ate dinner, played by himself. He was even making everyone laughs with the things he was doing. I could not be happier. What a great gift for Mother's Day.

1 comment:

Midwayedancer said...

Glad to hear it! Sleep issues are so frustrating for EVERYBODY.