Thursday, April 8, 2010

First Birthday Party

We had Baby's First birthday party yesterday and I had a blast. It was a monkey theme since we have called him our monkey since day one, so yellow and brown were the colors I chose. It was a small party just family and one of my good friends with her two daughter who Baby just loves.

I had been stressing for days about the cake and finally I decided I would make a monkey shape cake and decorate it and then I would make a jumbo cup cake for Baby to go at. The night before the party I cooked both cake. The jumbo cupcake turned out perfect, at least I thought, but the monkey came out fine except for the face it was stuck to the pan. By that point it was 1 in the morning so I went to bed and left it for the morning to try again. I made it again and it came out perfect and then when I tried to move it to the tray it almost broke in half so by that point I decided too much had happened for me to even try and decorate it. I was too nervous I would ruin it. My cousin decided that to give it some color we would just put the frosting on the side of it. It didn't look as bad as it could have. Then the cup cake, Ahhhh! That was another problem it started to crumble as we were decorating it and so by the time we finished it no longer looked like a cup cake but just a blub of something.



Baby was so happy the whole time until I decided that he needed to blow out a candle on his cake. BIG mistake! What was I thinking? Children and fire do not mix well together. Well he decided he wanted to touch the lit candle and ended up burning his little finger. The picture below was right before it happened. After that he wanted nothing to do with his cake. So sad. His finger turned out to be ok, so no worries there.

This is all the girls in my family who actually live in USA.

All in all it turned out really well and we had a blast. Baby got enough toys and clothes for the rest of the year. Baby had so much fun he came home a crashed. He didn't even cry to go to sleep.

No comments: