Saturday, October 15, 2011

Potty training

In the spring time this year it seemed like Baby was ready to be potty trained but let's be honest...ummmm....I wasn't.

Is that horrible or what?

Anyways back then I said I would just wait till the fall when we were stuck inside all the time to do it. Well once the fall started I still didn't want to have to do it but we all know as adults we have to do things we don't want so here I am in the mist of potty training.

I started first just having him in underwear during the day while we were home but if we went out or took a nap then I would put a diaper on. I did that for about 3 weeks but nothing else was happening and no progressing so 4 days ago I decided no more diapers during the day, period.

The first day went really well, we had no accidents at all. I did have to ask most of the time if he needs to go and if he does he will say yes. A few times he to,d me himself he had to go "pee pee" and grabbed his thing, haha.

The second day went pretty smooth except for one accident late in the day when he was at the mall with Jon and was having too much fun at the playground. Jon said he stopped moving and Jon knew immediately so he ran to the bathroom but it was too late. He even pooped in the big boy potty in the morning which was amazing since we are having problems with pooping. He will hold it all day until the second we put his diaper on to go to bed.

The third day went great too. He used the potty all day long but again at the mall he had an accident. I knew he needed to go pee but when I took him to the bathroom he refused to go so we walk around and not even 5 minutes later he peed himself.

Today is day number 4 and so far so good other than him pooping in his diaper befor I took it off but we will see how the day goes.

I have decided though that even if it mean I have to do laundry every other day he is no longer wearing a diaper during the day. I am super excited about this but at the same time I cannot believe he is growing so fast. I have to admit I am a little sad but oh well that is life.

No comments: