Monday, August 6, 2012

Rice+Phone=Awesomeness

So yes as I stated before I dropped my phone in the creek and once I completely lost my cool we all hiked down the mountain, got in the car and headed down to the Walmart that is about 5 minutes away. Once there I send my sister running in to get me a bag of rice.

I knowing myself and that my track record, I have dropped at least 3 phone in water in less than 3 years, googled up a while ago what to do if your drop you iPhone in was so I knew to get the bag of rice.

Ok so the first thing I did once I took the phone out of the water was turn it off and dry it up as much as possible. Once I had the bag of rice I stuck that baby in the bag. I had read to leave it in there for up to 48 hours. When I got home I switched it over to a container with a lid and left it there while I was praying that this would work.

The next morning I wake up and go to the kitchen and start cleaning up web all of a sudden I hear my phone vibrating. Not wanting to touch it for 48 hours I didn't do anything but ten again. So I took the phone out to see what was going and it was back on again and working fine like nothing had ever happened and all my pictures were there.

So the moral of the story is......of you drop your phone in water turn that baby off and get it into rice ASAP.

The only problem I am having with my phone after all of this is that it won't hold a charge as long as it used to but I can live with that as long as I don't have to pay $250 for another one.

No comments: